Proven Strategies for Customer Acquisition and Increased Customer Engagement in an Online Environment
The art of selling, according to one of the chief authorities on the subject, Zig Ziglar, is more than just getting consumers to like and listen to you. Real success stems from getting people to trust you in order for them to want to do business with you. Though Ziglar developed this notion long before the emergence of eCommerce, it rings ever-so true in the era of online business.
All of this begins by attracting your first customers – getting them to listen to what you have to say and to like what you offer through sufficient exposure and an appealing first impression. Once these shoppers commit to browsing through your products, it is time to start building a sense of trust by way of offering a spectacular experience before, during and even after the transaction is completed. It is only through these engaged shoppers that the customer acquisition and retention cycle can really kick-start, for it is through their reviews, referrals and repeat business that an online business can thrive.
Needless to say, every touchpoint in the customer lifecycle presents your business with unique opportunities to build memorable connections with anyone who interacts with your web store and enhance his/her overall experience. This paper explores different tactics that marketers must master in order to succeed in the art of selling online, including:
- Developing a mix of activities to gain brand visibility online like blogging, video marketing, social marketing and pay-per-click advertising
- Using trusted online influencers to act as brand ambassadors, thereby gaining access to their massive followings
- Employing promotional psychology to create appealing offers that entice new and returning customers to engage in business with your brand
- Understanding how often and via which medium to engage with shoppers in order to respect privacy yet stay top-of-mind
- Creating targeted and personalized experiences for customers by offering relevant information on and off your web store
- Humanizing your brand via social platforms to foster customer loyalty as well as establish a baseline of trust with prospects
- And much more…
Download this FREE whitepaper to read more.