Email marketing remains a tried-and-true tactic that outperforms many other (more expensive) promotional activities in your marketing stack. With the 2022 holiday season around the corner, retailers need to ensure that email marketing takes one of the leading roles in their promotional extravaganza to capture attention and revenue.
Why are the holidays the most magical time of year for brands to stand out in the inbox?
- 61% of customers started their holiday shopping by early November in 2021 and 57% shopped online, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF).
- 60% of Cyber Weekend sales are driven by consumers who engaged with a brand’s prior marketing emails, according to Klavyio’s data.
- 80% of customers are more likely to purchase from a brand that provides personalized experiences.
The Key to success: Personalize every email open.
Sending personalized messages is a quick way to capture attention (and holiday dollars).
- In fact, 80% of customers say they are more likely to make a purchase from a brand that provides personalized experiences.
- By leveraging your subscribers’ data, you can create a truly customized experience with every open through automation, making each message feel custom-made.
- Personalization can range in sophistication from adding a name to an image, including a countdown timer, or showing items in an abandoned cart. The important thing to remember is that messages should resonate with each subscriber, encouraging them to engage.
And, (though we doubt a reminder is needed, due diligence dictates a quick line)…
Make sure your emails are mobile-friendly! The consumers you are attempting to engage are likely multiple device users, and the first glance at emails often happens on a hand-held device. Don’t miss out on catching their eye upon the initial open, no matter which screen they choose to use.
**Data extracted from Litmus Holiday Marketing Guide 2022, available on the Litmus site: https://www.litmus.com/blog/litmus-holiday-marketing-guide/